Ultrafast laser micromachining of surface modifications produce geometrical structures that conduct very precise functions. As the demand for device miniaturization continues, ultrafast or femtosecond laser micromachining produce surface reliefs on a micrometric or even nanometric scale and with high aspect ratios.
- Surface chevrons for enzyme reactions in point-of-care tests
- Lab-on-Chip microfluidic channels and microholes
- Security identification markings
- Creating diffractive, absorbent, adhesive surfaces
- 3D structuring of dielectrics, silicon, polymers, thin-films, integrated optics